Produced in Century’s UK factory on the most advanced rod-building machinery available, complete control over the manufacturing process has enabled all sorts of clever science to be used in the ADV-1’s creation. Autoclave Technology, for example, allows the blank to retain its action indefinitely and AT-T (Anti-Twist Technology) aids directional accuracy and distance.
Coupled with a top-notch manufacturing process, the best raw materials have been used in blank production, resulting in exceptional performance, reduced weight and a low diameter. Subtle use of 1K carbon fibre on the butt section has helped in producing a progressive action, with a forgiving tip for playing fish at close range, yet plenty of power in the butt section for distance casting and other demanding situations.
Adorned with fittings of a quality that only rods with the highest price tags boast, including Century’s SiC guides, unique carbon reel seat and carbon spacers, not only does this look sleek and stylish, but the long-life, low-scratch PTFE finish ensures it stays that way.
More details, images and a list of stockists can be found at www.centurycarp.co.uk.
|WIN A SET OF THESE RODS IN THE JULY ISSUE OF ACF
July issue on sale June 11th, 2012.
At a glance
• Available in 12ft 3.25lb and 12ft 3.5lb models
• Designed with a progressive action for all-round performance
• Manufactured in the UK in Century’s own factory
• 50mm butt ring as standard
• Adorned with the highest-quality fittings, including Century’s carbon reel seat
• Long-life, low-scratch PTFE finish
• Boasts autoclave and anti-twist technology
• Matching landing net available